Website Transaxle Manufacturing of America
Strategic Supply Management Specialist
Summary: Leads the Strategic Sourcing Process for components/services sourced on a global or regional basis, including data gathering, quote preparation, and gap analysis in order to make fact-based decisions regarding supplier selection and sourcing needs. May lead a commodity team or major project in the implementation of strategies within the organization by administering the commodity strategy and purchase of material, components and services.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Include (but not limited to) the following:
- Leads sourcing teams in developing and implementing sourcing strategies to design the optimal
supply base that meets organizational demands and secures the lowest total acquisition cost for purchased products and services.
- Assembles and analyzes data to arrive at Request for Quote (RFQ) / Request for Proposal
(RFP) criteria, a final list of potential suppliers, and a negotiation strategy.
- Negotiates agreements with specific suppliers, ensuring the company meets its goals.
- Drives the implementation plan for the commodity/project team, establishing metrics and
tracking tools to measure progress in meeting objectives and driving continuous improvement.
- Manages high level, strategic supplier contacts with key or high-impact suppliers as they are
selected and integrated into the company’s operations — developing relationships to assure
long-term strategic sources.
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost within assigned
supply base to meet company objectives. Leads efforts to address chronic supplier
- Leads continuous cost reduction/value improvement activity for assigned components.
- Develops, Implements and improves Supply Management Processes.
- Leads, motivates and provides coaching for less experienced supply management personnel,
indirect reports and cross-functional team members.
- Supports Supply Management Activities related to the Product Delivery Process (PDP).
- Assures supplier integration into process at appropriate time to optimize design, cost, quality and delivery.
- Maintains an on-going relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier
QUALIFICATIONS. Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in a business-related field from four-year college or university; and a minimum of two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.