Website Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC
Mechanical Engineer I
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer 1.
- Work with a multi-discipline team of engineers in the design, analysis, and evaluation of systems using engineering software, including support to more senior engineers.
- Apply engineering principles and engineering codes & standards, such as ASME and ANSI, to the design, analysis, and evaluation of systems.
- Resolve technical issues for operating nuclear power plants, new plants (e.g., AP1000, eVinci), and other nuclear projects (e.g., fuel fabrication facilities).
- Develop calculations and reports to document design and analysis results in accordance with ASME Section III code requirements and other international codes.
- Interface with engineers in other disciplines such as electrical and civil/structural.
- Participate on project teams with internal and/or external representation.
- Participate in customer and vendor meetings to present technical materials and justification of services and product designs.
- Perform work within established scope, budgetary and schedule requirements.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
Potential candidates should be able to meet the following requirements (as a minimum):
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred), Civil, or Industrial Engineering.
- 0-2 years of engineering experience. New Graduated Engineers encouraged to apply.
- Power industry (e.g., nuclear power plant) experience is a plus.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Familiarity with ASME Section III criteria.
- Ability to work with multiple functions to coordinate the flow of information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Proficiency on other languages is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness.
- Ability to work in an international team environment.
- Ability to relocate for short-term and long-term assignments.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting http://www.westinghousenuclear.com.
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn| YouTube
Employment opportunities may require access to information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.