Website City of Rock Hill
Maintenance Technician II
Position: Maintenance Technician II – Plant Maintenance
Salary: $18.08 – $26.20 Per Hour / DOQ
Position Type: Full-Time
Close Date: Until Filled
The purpose of this class within the organization is to maintain various plants and lift stations in the City of Rock Hill. This class works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Requires a High School diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by two years of experience in electrical, plumbing, and mechanical maintenance and repair work in the water and wastewater industry or closely related field. The equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience may be considered.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
A valid driver’s license is required, and a water or wastewater treatment operator’s license is preferred.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skill in electrical, mechanical and plumbing maintenance.
- Knowledge of the equipment, tools, materials and supplies used in maintenance.
- Knowledge of the terminology used within the water and wastewater industry.
- Knowledge of applicable occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, vocabulary, spelling and basic math.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment, perform and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to read and understand Auto Cad drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to work effectively despite occasional exposure to heat/cold odors, fumes, gases, smoke, noise, wetness, humidity, electric currents, machinery hazards, dust, vibrations, pathogenic substances, toxic agents, etc.
- Ability to react calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to offer assistance to co-workers and other employees of other departments as required.
- Ability to learn and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance and efficiency.
- Ability to read and interpret technical material pertaining to the responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to prepare required reports with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress when confronted with emergency situations or tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally, demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Repairs, lubricates, paints, and performs all necessary maintenance functions on pumps and equipment associated with water treatment operations, wastewater treatment operations and wastewater lift stations.
- Maintains and repairs pumps, gear boxes, conveyor systems, belt presses and other equipment associated with the operation of the water plant, wastewater plant and lift stations.
- Inputs into a work order maintenance program; changes oils; greases cleaning equipment; maintains fire extinguishers and eye wash stations; changes belt hoses, light bulbs, and ballasts and other routine duties at plants.
- Draws, designs, and obtains materials for all painting and carpentry jobs done by plant maintenance such as remodeling kitchens, repainting all pumps, piping and offices.
- Maintains equipment by obtaining data to ensure all pumps and equipment are within specifications on factory specifications.
- Gathers data from test runs on equipment such as draw downs on pumps, tank volumes and capacity pump curves and relays data to supervisor.
- Operates hand and machine tools in repairing and maintaining pumps, motors, valves, plant machinery, light welding, and equipment; keeps records of spare parts.
- Performs minor electrical repairs on all pumps and equipment.
- Performs housekeeping duties on buildings and grounds, including general yard work as directed by supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.