Website Comporium Communications
Comporium is a diversified communications company providing a Quintuple Play of five services — voice, video, data, wireless and security — at the retail level; as well as, providing security monitoring and media services for its industry customers. Under this concept, the Comporium Group is uniquely positioned to offer customers a one-stop-shopping for all their communications needs.
The Human Resources Generalist will provide support by assisting with leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), state and local leave laws, and the short-term or long-term disability plans (STD/LTD), benefits administration, general human resources and wellness center operations.
* Leave Administration: Provides support to the Director of Compensation, Benefits & Employee Relations by processing enterprise FMLA requests, STD and LTD claims requests and assisting as needed with ADAAA accommodation requests.
* General Human Resources Administration: Responsible for HR’s access control duties and employee photos, SC LLR submissions and labor law postings. Provide support for new hire orientation process.
* Benefits Administration: Responsibilities include administering the Tuition Reimbursement Program, providing support for wellness center operations.
* Provides support to the Director of Compensation, Benefits & Employee Relations
* Maintains proper filing procedures/record retention in accordance with company guidelines.
* Performs other HR functions as required to support the HR Department.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred, or equivalent work experience required.
* 2-4 years of general human resources and leave administration (FMLA/ADAAA/STD/LTD).
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent organizational skills., including a keen ability to prioritize multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Basic knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADAAA, and other applicable laws as well a basic knowledge of short-term and long-term disability plans.
* Experience using Workday.
* Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
* HRCI, SHRM or equivalent certification required.
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Contractor
To apply for this job please visit www.careerbuilder.com.