Website KCI Technologies, Inc.
Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we’re building an enduring community that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in supporting and developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our employee’s have the freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Achievements are shared and celebrated. As a team, we are motivated to better ourselves, each other, and the world around us.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.KCI is currently ranked #48 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 design firms in the nation.
Kci Benefits Information
We offer a competitive compensation package, family friendly benefits, a collaborative working environment, and the training, mentoring and resources you need to advance in your career.
We understand that you have choices, and we know that together we will make a great team!
KCI is committed to building a diverse and inclusive staff, and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
This opportunity entails being responsible for assisting in the production and modification of stormwater design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position performs research, development, calculations, design and delivery in partnership with the project team. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity. Leverages technical knowledge and experience to assist in the execution and evaluation of project designs. Develops conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the project execution using current drawing and technical tools, programs and software.
Duties, Responsibilities & Other
- Assist in the development of multiple projects and plans. These duties will be performed under the supervision of a project engineer or project manager.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment. Assignments usually include engineering calculations, interpretation of engineering drawing and specifications, and assistance with proposal preparation. Helps to coordinate work of multiple engineering disciplines, as well as drafting/Microstation/CADD work for the project. Assists in preparing progress reports and may supervise small projects.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills. Must be a self-motivated dynamic individual.
- EIT or PE certification preferred (ability to obtain PE within one year required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of design experience required.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(80-85% typical)
- Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
- Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
- Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants as required
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
- Compare field data to base plan
- Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements, sketches, notes and photographs as needed
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications and cost estimates for review and approval
- Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for approval
- Read and interpret technical documents needed for performance of job
- Review and approve shop drawings
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.