Website J.M. Cope, Inc.
Carpenters play indispensable roles in the construction industry. Carpentry covers a wide range of construction services including cutting, shaping, installing materials, and erecting framework for buildings and other structures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills. Read and understand plans.
- Physically active.
- Good listening skills – the ability communicate with coworkers
- A good team player, Self-confident, motivated, and independent.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Build construction forms or molds.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Inspect work sites to determine condition or necessary repairs.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Install building fixtures, windows, doors, toilet partitions and accessories, door hardware, ETC
- Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
- Metal and wood framing
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible.
- Build & install guard rails and shoring
- Concrete forms, form & place diamonds, pour and form concrete, edging, vibrating, sawing, expansion joints
- Demo and repair existing structures
- Operate backhoe, mini-excavator, skid-steer, hand tools, laser level, etc.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Basic hand tools required, such as: tool belt, hammer, speed square, tape measure, rebar tie, pliers, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. as well as, evening and weekend work that may be required as job duties demand.
- Prolonged periods of walking job site. Must be able to stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, squat, kneel and bend.
- Occupation requires physical activity most of the day.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Must be able to visit multiple job sites if needed.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Reports to the General Superintendent
- Interacts with staff, leadership and is a representative of the company.
- As a member of the J.M Cope Team, you can expect:
- Pre-tax Insurance Program (Medical, Dental, Life, Short/Long-term Disability)
- 401-K Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Family and Medical Leave
- Sick/Personal Leave
- Military Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Worker Comp
- Education and Training Reimbursement
- Competitive Salary
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.