Apprentice and Journey Level Lineworkers
ElectriCities is HIRING!
We are looking for a Power Lineworkers to join a model public power utility operation. Both the Journeyman and Apprentice levels are welcome to apply. You will be involved with and/or perform a variety of tasks such as overhead and underground primary and secondary work, system repairs, capital projects, new installations, relocations, conversions of Overhead to Underground, customer service connections, support of regional operations of neighboring towns and cities, and much more. Participation in the on-call rotation and outage response time is required. This position will be located in the Huntersville/Cornelius/Pineville NC area.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A diploma from a standard high school or vocational school, supplemented with technical courses related to electricity and basic electrical theory.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Power Line Technician II or III; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Successful completion or partial completion of the Lineman Career Development Program, and apprentice program, having successfully passed required testing.
- Possession of a valid North Carolina commercial driver’s license (CDL) – Class A.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Ability to pass random testing due to the CDL license requirement.
ElectriCities offers great employee benefits such as:
- After 6 months of employment, eligible to participate in a state recognized apprenticeship program
- Paid holidays as well as vacation and sick leave
- Robust benefits package include a high deductible health plan with a health savings account that the company contributes to
- FR uniforms clothing/boots, as well as PPE
- Local Government Retirement (pension) Plan
- Company 401(k) contribution
- Great work life balance with a 4 day, 10-hour workweek as well as being able to go home each night (no travel)
- Work in the same community you live in
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% paid for disability and life insurance
- 100% paid for medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
Apply online now and join our expanding operation! ElectriCities is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.